Friday, August 03, 2007

Blogging 2007

August 3, 2007

I attended the Inman News "Connect 2007" in San Francisco for the past three days. The focus this year was on blogging and it was such a great experience to meet real estate agents who have blogs and hear how they are using their blogs.

I started blogging last year after the Inman conference. I hoped that readers would ask questions and I could respond. So far I've received very few questions from readers but I do receive real estate questions from clients and friends. I am excited about the potential to connect with the public that a blog offers.

At the conference, I heard Craig from craigslist reiterate that his site was still offering free ads to west coast posters and no he didn't plan to change the format. I heard that Reology (the parent company of CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE LLC.) has made a deal with Yahoo Classified to place listings on that site. I heard the executive director of N.A.R. talk about the new customer oriented initiatives that the real estate industry is implementing. I heard young innovators describe the technology that is changing the way real estate agents do business.

The conference was a great opportunity to learn what is happening in the world of real estate outside the Inland Empire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home