Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Cooking With Class"

November 2, 2007



A few weeks ago, I encountered some high school students selling cook books. They had a table outside of Gerrards Market on Cypress Avenue in Redlands.

In the past, both adults and students have been stationed outside of Gerrard's Market promoting a variety of local organizations. I fear I am not a great supporter and have an automatic response of "No Thank You". This time I did get snared. First off it was the Redlands High School Academic Decathlon and Mock Trial Teams. Secondly, they were selling a cook book!

I have friends who tend to poke fun at the newsletters sent by real estate agents that have recipes in them, but recipes catch a lot of attention. If you could see my four cupboard shelves filled with cook books, you would know why I just had to purchase this one.

It is entitled "Cooking with Class" and is a compilation of recipes donated by parents, friends and notables. My first read through found some new and fun recipes. I hope you have the opportunity to obtain a copy. It costs $10 and the money goes to support these dedicated students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home