Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cosmetic Repairs

October 14, 2008

No, I am not posting about my facial makeup. It may need help, but my subject is real estate.

In our Inland Empire real estate market, there are many older homes. The homes that were built in the late 1920s, 1970s often had colored bathroom fixtures. You know, dusty rose, banana yellow, mint green, etc. Often a homeowner or home buyer likes the retro look, but over time these fixtures lose these polish and may even have a chip or two.

Last week, one of our agents asked me if I knew the name of a "ceramic refinisher" as she could not find one in the Yellow Pages of the local phone book. Actually, they can be found under "bathtub Repair" or "porcelain repair". However, I had also happened to save an article from the L.A. Times newspaper that answered a reader's question about repairing a chip in a mint-green bathtub. As a search junkie on the Internet, I checked out the web site that the writer suggested: http://www.porc-a-fix,net/. This site from KIT Industries, offers many products for porcelain, laminate and fiberglass repair.

For a homeowner who does not want to spend the monies to remodel the bathroom and who really likes the colored fixtures, it seems to me that this is a great resource.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home