Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Standby Generators

September 8, 2009

Sometimes it takes an inconvenience to focus one's attention. Quite frankly, I had never thought of a standby generator as something of interest to me. However, we have spent the past morning dealing with a power outage that shut down our computers, our office phones, our lights and anything else that requires electricity in order to operate. So now I am interested in standby generators.

I remembered seeing an advertisement in a local newspaper for either Lowe's or Home Depot that had pictures of standby generators. I truly did not pay much attention to the ad. I supposed it was published because of the wildfires and the suggestion that homeowners might want to add a home standby generator as part of their being prepared. When I spoke to one of our agents she had saved a small advertisement for a Black and Decker device that included a generator and a power source to recharge your cell phone or other electronic devices that would need recharging.

I googled "standby generators" and found some good information. So I will pursue the standby generator topic further as clearly being without electrical power for a long period of time could be more than just an inconvenience, it could be a real problem for a business and perhaps for a homeowner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home