Thursday, January 24, 2013

Closet Cleaning Time

January 24, 2013
Getting the new year off to a good start includes setting aside time to clean closets. It is amazing how much "stuff" accumulates from year to year. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do have a tendency when I am busy to just pop stuff out of sight - frequently on a closet shelf.
If the rain appears this weekend as predicted. it will be a great time to pull all that stuff out of at least one closet and sort it by "keepers" and "donations". Clothes, shoes, scarves and all the miscellany will be inspected, rejected or put neatly back in the closet.
I don't know that I will be quite as organized as some of our sellers who line their clothes up by color and style, but I should end up with a less crowed closet.
I know that one rule of thumb is "If you haven't worn it in three years, you need to get rid of it." However, I have some favorites that I just love and it will be truly difficult to send them on their way.
Even if you have no plans to put your house on the market, think of the wonderful feeling of knowing what is actually in your closet and knowing that someone else will be benefiting from your donated items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home