Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Fix-it tips

December 27, 2006

A Q and A feature from the NY Times News Service writer Peter Hotton has this tip for homeowners concerned about wear and tear on older porcelain-on cast iron plumbing fixtures:

For those scratches which develop over time, try rubbing them with an auto rubbing compound made by DuPont, or Never Dull Magic Wadding, sold in hardware stores or online. The compounds are designed for metals, and can work also on glass, Mr. Hotton suggests that they can be effective on those shallow porcelain scratches on tubs and sinks.

I checked GOOGLE to find out where Never Dull might be available. There are a number of sources listed as well as a site that explains what it is, what is in it and how to use it. I thought I would order some and report here after I use it how effective I found it to be. If you try it let me know your results.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to trying "Never Dull".

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home