Monday, March 26, 2007

What's on YOur Mind?

March 26, 2007

With the constant barrage of news about sub prime collapse, housing market decline and loan qualification rule changes, what is on your mind? I would very much like to hear from readers as to what they might like to know about the current real estate market in our region. I will continue to update you about the data as it appears to me, but if you have a specific question, I would be happy to research an answer.

For today, I can say that our sales have picked up in the month of March. I am anxious to do a comparaison with March of 2006. I do believe that in this changing marketplace, better condition, better marketing and, above all, better price will generate a sale for the seller and a good value for the buyer.

Advice to sellers: Hire a professional and recognize that a professional knows what is the best
plan to get your property sold.
Advice to buyers: Don't think you can "steal" a property. Ask your professional for the
comparables and base your offer on them. A lowball offer generally gets a
higher counter or a rejection. An offer closer to the asking price may be
accepted and you are more apt to get a reasonable counter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found today's blog interesting on a couple of points. I can't speak to the RE side, but I can from the Escrow side. I can tell you that my openings & closings are considerable down from last year. It also appears that the 80/20 loans, no impounds, are still out there as I am working on one right now. Maybe it depends on the lender, maybe the FICO scores, hard to say. The market has definitely changed

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home