Friday, February 01, 2008

Super Bowl Weekend

February 1, 2008

Once every year for 42 years, the world comes to a halt. Over time, it seems, the championship game between the National Football League and the American Football League has become the time for a universal party. Even folks who do not follow the football season gather up friends and relatives and call it "party time."

In the real estate world, we have the annual discussion: Should we have open houses on Super Bowl Sunday? If you read the real estate section of your newspaper, you may notice that the time for an open house may be adjusted so everyone can go somewhere to watch the game. At one time, before I, too, became mesmerized by the big game, I held open houses on Super Bowl Sunday.

Frankly, I still had visitors. I even had serious prospects who really were not football fans. However, times change and I've succombed to taking the day off and relaxing with friends and relatives.

My sense of this year's super bowl pitch is: Let's enjoy the day, pick a team, cheer them on and lay aside any negatives. I would like this positive attitude to spill over for the remainder of 2008. If 6% of the properties are in foreclosure, 94% are not. Hallelujah! If interest rates are at historic lows and home prices have come down, Hallelujah, more folks can qualify. So I'm cheering for home ownership and next year the super bowl party will be in my new home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home