Monday, September 21, 2009

If only.....

September 21, 2009

Most of us , at one time or another, have thought or said "if only I had" or "if only we had", or "if only someone had". I felt certain that this was a correct assumption after I put "if only" into a google search and found that there were 73,300,000 references. Many of these were song lyrics and even a movie.

I can remember real estate agents after the recovery in the real estate market after the downturn in home values of the 1990s saying regretfully "if only I had invested in real estate back then." Perhaps in 2016 they will be singing the same tune.
Let's hope that folks who really would like to own their own home are not joining in the "if only" refrain!

If only I had bought when I could have had the $8,000 tax credit.

If only I had bought when prices were as low as they had been in 7 or 8 years.

If only I had bought when interest rates were between 5% and 6%.

If only I had been willing to pay more than the list price if necessary.

If only I had been will to accept a less than perfect house.

And so on and so on.

Not just because real estate is my profession, but because owning my own home is truly satisfying (no one can tell me what color to paint my rooms.), I believe that we are truly experiencing a window of opportunity for home buying and perhaps even for home selling. If you have to take a reduced price to sell, you can also buy a new home at a reduced price.

Why not eliminate one "if only" from your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home