Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reflections on 999 Blog Posts

September 15, 2010

Today I am posting my 1000th blog. I started my blog path in spring of 2007. Little did I suspect that the real estate market would travel such a steep downward path. My fantasy in becoming a blogger was that folks would comment on my posts or would submit questions about real estate. It came as somewhat of a disappointment that I received very little feedback. The matter of selecting a topic became my overwhelming challenge.

I have tried to provide variety and also some data that tracked the movement of real estate sales in the Inland Empire.

Certainly the myriad of programs that have been launched by the state and federal governments have provided subject matter. We have now loan modification programs, down payment assistance programs, tax grants and incredibly low interest rates on 30 year fixed rate mortgages. California will be launching a new Calhfa loan as of November 1, 2010. The federal government is still working to get the glitches out of their "Home Affordable Program" (HAMP and HAFA).

Slowly our real estate market is recovering - not to pre 2007 levels, but to a market in which 64% of the adult population could afford to purchase a home.

Slowly and steadily I believe that we will get to a sustainable real estate market that provides those who want to choose their place of residence will be able to do so.

Again, I do encourage readers to submit comments or inquiries. I will do my best to provide accurate answers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Joe Daniszewski said...

Shirley, kudos on your 100th blog!
I find your insights and the facts that you present very helpful.

Joe Daniszewski

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Janet Burke said...

Shirley, you really are a wealth of information. And true the HAFA program has not really seemed to launch forward true of most government programs. When one of my short sales were approved, HAFA almost intervined and we would have lost our buyer after 6 months of work. Thanks for all you do.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post! I am an occasional reader of your blog (for general purposes not entirely related to real estate) and appreciate your efforts. Here's to the next 1000!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Brad - HomeLoanArtist said...

Shirley, congrats on your dedication to blogging. We bloggers are a rare breed for some reason in the IE. It's been such a big business builder for me and helped me to become a better loan officer. I wish all Realtors had your desire or understanding of why they should blog. I'm even launching a multi-contributor blog that will showcase all the best bloggers in each Inland Empire city....if interested let me know.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Tania said...

This is an interesting Real estate article. You create a great lens. I have enjoyed reading it.
Thanks
Tania

“KB Custom Homes”

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home