Monday, August 13, 2007

Isn't It Amazing?

August 13, 2007
It is amazing to me how quickly the summer of 2007 is passing. Here we are at mid-August and I still have "to-dos" that are undone. How about you?
The headline in the San Bernardino Sun over the weekend reminded me that I had carefully researched earthquake preparedness. I ordered some "squeeze" flashlights which have never come. I checked Home Depot and Lowes for earthquake kits and found none. I did purchase a strapping kit for my china cabinet, but it is still in the box.
Maybe the whole preparedness thing was too overwhelming. So I am redoing my list of the essentials.
1) Flashlights and plenty of batteries or battery-less flash lights;
2) A battery operated radio;
3) A carton of bottled water for each family member (including pets);
4) A pair of heavy gloves (rubber or leather);
5) Sterile gauze and band-aids and disinfectant;
6) Energy or granola bars, canned soup, etc.;
7) Extra set of clothing per person.
Perhaps even more important, check your rooms to see what can fly off the walls and fall on a person.
Make preparedness a top priority. Once you gather supplies, you need only check them to be sure they are not out of date. An interesting and informative web site is usgs.gov/hazprep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benny said...

its the same like by me last year^^ gone so fast over!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home