Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday Lights

December 20, 2007

I can remember when my parents would take us out for a drive around town to look at all the decorated houses. That was back before mini lights and plastic decorations. It was a treat to see the brightly colored decorations that lit up the evening.

With the proliferation of the mini lights and the icicle lights and the various deer and tree and what-have-you statues, front yards and houses have become truly bright and shining.

I try to take a different route home from the office every evening in order to see the creativity in holiday lighting that is occurring. Two homes I passed yesterday were especially nice. One on the corner of Brookside and Lakeside and one on the corner of Lakeside and Cypress.

I hope that your neighborhoods are enjoying the fun of lighting up the evening.

I believe the lights make the season very joyful and help to make us grateful that we live where we live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home