Thursday, December 27, 2007

You Want to Sell Your House in 2008

December 27, 2007

An article yesterday in Inman News , an email newsletter to which I subscribe, was entitled "New Year's 2008 resolutions for home sellers".

Planning ahead was the key message for sellers. Here is a synopsis of a few of the resolutions.

1) Get my home into shape before I let anyone see it. (Pass the "Wow" test.)

2) I will invite at least 3 agents to create a market analysis. (Since the market has changed so dramatically and quickly, the market analysis is vital.)

3)I will know my selling timetable before I list my home. (Do you just want to sell or is there a specific reason why you need to sell?)

4) I will be realistic about the market. (Understand what is happening in your local market. It may be different than the national news media report.)

5) I won't list my home until I am clear about where I am going after it sells. (Start before you list to research the neighborhood or different city.)

6) I will read all the documents before I sign any of them. (One of the most heard complaints as the credit markets imploded was "I didn't understand what I was signing." Don't be afraid to ask if contracts are unclear.)

7) I will not be driven by greed. (This is the corollary to setting a realistic price.

Consider all offers as serious. Know that as a seller your list price is your best of all possible worlds and the buyer's offer is the best of all possible worlds for him/her or them.)

If you resolve to do the above, you can be a successful seller in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home