Tuesday, April 01, 2008

March Madness

April 1, 2008
I am not sure that March roared in like a lion and went our like a lamb. The one thing of which I am sure is that it was a roller coaster month in the housing, financial and credit markets. Unless you were doing a Rip Van Winkle during March you are aware of the giant moves the Federal Reserve Board made to stop what was perceived as the worst credit crunch since the 1930s. By the end of March, the Treasury department has also weighed in with a plan to remake the financial market oversight system.
If you are a homeowner in distress, perhaps all the March Madness allows you to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I do not believe that anyone yet knows when we will see a more stable housing market. However, as I compile the March sales data from the IMRMLS, I am looking for signs that the downturn is easing. Click in tomorrow as I begin posting the listing, pending and closed sales data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home