Tuesday, September 27, 2011

For Interesting Housing Data...

September 27, 2011


On the front page of this morning's Wall Street Journal there was a small graph entitled "Vital Signs". I thought it would be interesting to copy it onto the blog but was unsure of copyright regulations. Under the graph it stated that the source was U.S. Commerce Department. So I decided to check out the source by googling the U.S. Department of Commerce. For a data wonk such as I am, it was a real treat. I did not find the chart but I did find press releases. Of further note, these release seem to say that new construction is up in August over July and August 2011 over August 2012. This press release seemed to differ from the piece in the WSJ that stated that "Sales of new homes slipped".


As I explored the site, however, I found lots of headers to click. "Characteristics of new construction was one. This is clearly a site that will require further exploration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home