Thursday, June 21, 2007

Earthquake Preparedness (cont)

June 21, 2007


Here are a few more items to add to your emergency supplies.


A change of clothing (something comfortable)

Granola bars or power bars.


The next question in what do you store your supplies and where to you store them? Most all of the commercially available emergency kits are stored in back packs. Since many of the supplies are the same as hikers and campers would carry, the backpack seemed a logical contaianer. A cardboard carton would probably do just fine. What I am liking are the plastic containers that can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowe's, Office Depot, Staples, etc. These plastic tubs have lids and many are quite sturdy.


The where to store these containers is a bit challenging as I want to be able to access them readily should an emergency occur. I know when I was on the play school board, we purchased metal sheds and stored each child's emergency package in the shed away from the building. I suppose this could work for your home supplies, but I would prefer another alternative. I will keep one box in my car even though I have an SUV and it will take up space in the rear. Cars with trunks are great for carrying your emergency supplies. If any of you reading this blog have suggestions as to a good place inside your house to keep the pack of supplies, please click on the "comment" button and write your suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home