Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"How Beautiful for Spacious Skies..."

November 29, 2012
With the emphasis on "Thanksgiving" I can not fail to mention the beauty that surrounds us in our inland Southern California region. This morning, as I drove to work, the surrounding mountains were crystal clear and the "spacious skies" were bright and blue. Added to that view was the remarkable view of the mountains as I drove home one evening about 4:30 p.m. The sun was on the mountains and they were deep, deep purple in color bringing to mind once more a line from "America the beautiful" ; the purple mountains majesty." Until I moved to Southern California, I had always though that a strange depiction for mountains. Mountains I had know on the east coast were green, definitely not purple.
It was a wonderful idea for the early settlers to create a day set aside for thanksgiving. While it is equally important to awake each morning with thankfulness, setting aside a day when our entire country pauses to be thankful is unique to Americans.
Look around and be thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home